July 13, 2013 – Six women decide George Zimmerman, part-time student and full-time neighborhood watch captain, is not guilty for the crime of murdering 17-year old Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012. Zimmerman claims self defense against an armless, underage high school student.
Let’s play a little fact or fiction..
1. George Zimmerman was an authorized police officer. Fiction
2. Travyon Martin was an African American teenager, who was wearing a hood and was an unarmed suspect. Fiction [[he had a candy bar in hand]]
3. Neighborhood watch captain gives you full legal rights to shoot any suspected persons in your neighborhood. Fiction
4. President Barack Obama relates to Trayvon and claims, “it could have been me 35 years ago”. Fact
5. The Senate will chair a hearing on “stand your ground” laws because of the Zimmerman verdict. Fact
The six women who made the final decision,
leaving Trayvon’s family grieving with injustice and
Zimmerman left with numerous death threats, made the right decision.
Fact or Fiction?