Trying something new, something old..something blue. Themed Thursdays here at Tha Bees Knees. Let me know what you think each Thursday about the theme and how you’ve seen that theme before.
(Thanks for the photos Pinterest)
Here’s some random facts from Sensational Color about the color blue:
How the color blue effects us physically
- Calms and sedates
- Aids intuition
Blue: The color of the throat chakra
Blue is the color of the Throat Chakra, also known as Visuddha.
This chakra is located in the throat. It is linked to the throat, neck, hands, and arms.
The Throat Chakra is connected with speech and hearing, and encourages spiritual communication. Opening the Throat Chakra is said to improve clairaudience.
Gemstones that will aid the Throat Chakra include turquoise and aquamarine.
Blue around the globe
- In Chinese culture, colors corresponded with the five primary elements, the directions, and the four seasons. Blue was associated with wood, east, and spring.
- Blue, blue-green, and green are sacred colors in Iran, where they symbolize paradise.
- In India, paintings of the god Krishna often depict him as having blue skin.
- In the United States, post office mailboxes are typically blue.
- In Mexico, blue is the color of mourning.
- In Aztec culture, blue symbolized sacrifice.
- In Greece, the color blue is believed to ward off “the evil eye.” Those who believe in this Greek superstition often wear a blue charm necklace or blue bracelet for protection.
Religious & mythological associations with blue
- Several mosques are referred to as the Blue Mosque:
- The Blue Mosque of Tabriz in Tabriz, Iran
- The Blue Mosque of Cairo in Cairo, Egypt
- The Blue Mosque of Yerevan in Yerevan, Armenia
- Rawze-e-Sharif in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan
- Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey
- Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
- The Catholic religion associates blue with the Virgin Mary.